2023. február 28., kedd

Veil of smoke

now that the veil has fallen
I think of all those stolen years:
how much I could have loved you
had you allowed me to be there...

and now I'm here and see you naked
I dare to see how frail you are,
never spoken words roll down your cheeks,
I shouldn't wipe them off, should I?

I feel like spending every minute
making up for hawling nights
burrying my bygone loneliness
watching old hay catch alight

shall we hold on to this:
this newly won softness?
can we hold on to this?
won't you soon want less?

only slowly do the two beats join
and soon come syncopated tones.
did I give too much for you to take?
did you give too much you didn´t own?

it takes a lot to believe
in things never seen or felt,
and takes even more to leave behind
a belief so firmly held.

I suspect the truth will shimmer
with all its colours bright and dark,
but your coldness makes me shiver
thick resin´s flowing down the bark.

could we hold on to this:
this newly won softness?
shall we hold on to this?
d'you already want less?

Nincsenek megjegyzések: